Sunday, June 10, 2007

The Rhythm of the Rain

Have you ever listened to the sound of the rain on your roof? I would do this especially in lazy afternoons and everything is quiet. I find the sound soothing to the mind and soul that it helps me gets in touch with myself.

With the daily hustle and bustle of daily living, we would take for granted the importance of being attuned with our self. The stresses that one receives nowadays as compared to the stresses experienced before is much more heavy and frequent. Thus, listening to the sound of the rain makes me slow down and ponder on things no matter how trivial and short it may be.

As the season changes from summer to rainy, so must we. It is the time to gather strength and recuperate the energies we have lost. A time to know more about our self..... a time to feed our soul so that at the end of the rain, a new YOU will blossom.






No comments: