Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Bits and Pieces

All Soul's Day passed and each was one was reminded of their departed loved ones. People flocked to the cemetery bringing flowers, candles & food. It is also the time when families get reunited since this is a holiday and mostly, people went back to their own provinces. But I wonder, in the midst of all the fun & noise, can one truly remember and pray for their deceased family? My parents are both gone now and I never visited them on November 1. I would rather go on an ordinary day when there are less people. In that way, I can pray for them in tranquility and in solitude.

*********************

I'm sure most of you know already that Joseph "Erap" Estrada was already pardoned by the ever powerful and mighty President Arroyo. This did not come as a surprise to me anymore since I wrote about this in my previous post that a pardon was seen forthcoming. The administration justifies its decision by saying the man has repented already with 6 years in house arrest in Tanay province. But, did Erap really repented? It isn't forgiveness he wants but freedom. So how could you forgive someone who has not truly repented? Well, all things said, it is only in the Philippines where corruption is tolerated with a lot of icing on it.

********************
Recently watched 30 Days of Night and it was freaking scary! Initially, the movie was slow but later on it switched gears and there was lot of screaming. As the title implies, it was 30 days of pure evil and terror that one would fervently wish for the 30 days to come to an end. I will not tell you details of the story so as not to spoil the fun but if you are keen on scary films then this one is definitely for you.

***************

No comments: