Saturday, April 7, 2007

An angel's letter

I've been feeling low and sad today for reasons I know God knows. I feel as if I am amidst turmoil and I do not know where to go. My heart is full of uncertainty that I never felt for quite a while. But then, my angel came and went inside my room. She had been standing behind my back for quite some time now before I noticed her. She did not want to disturb me as I sit here in front of my laptop. She knows I am working. Sensing that she wants to say something, I asked her why and instead of replying, she just handed me a letter she made complete with drawings.

It read:

Dear Mama,

Mama bakit ka ba malungkot? Di ba dapat happy ka kasi masaya kami kaya dapat masaya ka rin. Kasi magiging malungkot din kami. Alam ko kung bakit ka malungkot kasi yata mama ....... Tama ba ako? Sabihin mo sa akin bakit ka malungkot. Sana masaya ka na kasi naawa ako sa iyo mama.


Sorry for the redundancy but that was how she wrote it. My angel, Dane, is a very sweet daughter, who despite being 8 years old only, is very sensitive to my emotions. I couldn't help but get teary eyed when I read the letter. Her letter was so simple yet so pure. In her own words, she was able to soothe my heart.

I just gave her a hug and she definitely made me smile...

No comments: