Thursday, April 12, 2007

Weight Watching

One of the things that's been taking my attention these past few months is how to maintain my ideal weight. Ever since reaching the mid thirties, it has been a constant effort to do so. Unlike when I was still in my late twenties, it was a breeze. If I noticed that I am getting fat, I would just cut down on food intake and viola! I am back to my desired figure.

To give you a background, I am not really obese or fat even after childbirth. I just weigh around 108 lbs. At 5'2, I am still in the ideal weight line but I would prefer to be just 105 lbs.
But now, even if I watch what I eat, I could still see the bulges of flesh around my waistline. Urgh! I couldn't wear the clothes that I would normally wear if I were slim.

I am one of those women who are conscious of their look. Who isn't anyway? Some may claim they aren't but I know that deep inside there is still an urge to look presentable and be pleasing to the eye. I guess it's human nature. And although I am more confident now, I still desire to be pretty not only for my husband and children but for myself as well.

I realize that I have to put in more effort to my usual weight control regimen. With age coming in, I have a slower metabolism as compared to when I was younger. Gravity also has its way of making its presence felt especially in the areas that women are conscious of. I guess it takes a lot more discipline and love for physical activity for me to address this.

Hmm, anybody knows where I can buy discipline?? he, he.

No comments: