Saturday, December 1, 2007

Frame of Mind


Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they have been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It is an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It is a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary.
-author unknown-

When I came upon this quotation, it strikes me so much because it magnifies what I exactly needed in a time when a decision needs to be done. Often, decisions are so hard to make because of various concerns that we have. We are taken aback by the prospect of venturing into the unknown, of doing something that is not sure. Basically, we are so comfortable or "lazy" in our place in the sun that the thought of leaving what we are used to seems to be out of the question. The practicality in us makes us lose our faith in taking the challenge. But we must not succumb to this fear. Nothing is impossible in this world. Nothing is out of our hands. Nobody is too old to start again. In the different paths that we take, we may stumble but it is in our rising and starting over that we shine.

*****************

L
ately, I have been so preoccupied that it seems time passed so quickly. Our house underwent repairs so it was really chaotic. With all the noise and dust, I have somehow managed to do my general cleaning in time before the year ends, put up Christmas decors and continue my regular tasks. Time could mean a lot to different people. It could mean having too much time or the lack of it. For those who are busy, the 24 hours that we have is not enough. But for those who are "killing the time", it is boring. It all boils down as to what situation you are into. As they say, we all have the same 24 hours, it is how we use that matters.

1 comment:

Kat said...

How powerfully the unknown author writes ...

Impossible is not a fact.
It is an opinion.
Impossible is not a declaration.
It is a dare.
Impossible is potential.
Impossible is temporary.

As a teenager, I used to be so fascinated with martial arts my Mom enrolled me in a local school....

I entered the dojo wide eyed in awe and the first thing I saw was a massive big black belt on a wall, with an inscription inside " NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE"..!!!!

while I never had the time to continue the classes due to getting tossed to an engineering college.... the words have stayed engraved in my heart..!!!!!

It can set a human soul on fire to achieve many a times, the so called impossible..!!!

rightly concluded... " In the different paths that we take, we may stumble but it is in our rising and starting over that we shine" - good food for thought.

************

Yep, all of us have the same 24 hours... we need to choose our battles wisely..!!!!