Friday, September 14, 2007

Need for Growth

Listening to the radio, I heard a Christmas song being played. Since it is already September, they were already making a countdown to Christmas. Whew! Time flies so fast.

Another year would end and another one would begin and let us ask ourselves, "Have we grown as a person?" Growth, intellectually and emotionally, must continue as long as we live. We have to continue to nurture ourselves by finding opportunities to blossom. It can be a simple task of learning something new like a language or a hobby or anything that catches your interest, or reading a book or visiting places that you haven't been to, or even learning a new dish.

Most often than not, we hate to get out of our comfort zones. We have grown so accustomed of our life that breaking the routine is unthinkable. It is a daunting task, I admit, to dwell on something that you haven't tried. But we have to overcome that feeling to be able to enhance what is inside us. We just have to trust ourselves and bring out that innate capability of being resilient.

2 comments:

Kat said...

“… by finding opportunities to blossom.” Well said. Opportunities for challenges, fun and growth are abundant… something I learnt after becoming an entrepreneur. Everything is out there, for our taking.

There’s a tamil proverb – which means that a lotus flower grows to the level of water in a pond… the height of water is our inspiration and we (L.flower) grow to such heights we aspire.

If you’re convinced about something -“Jump in” is the mantra. Don’t keep dipping your little finger testing waters :-)

Sigh… I proudly played “twinkle twinkle little star” in my keyboard (learning that recently) to my son and he looked horrified as if I was insane. How ungrateful. Wasn’t I so proud when he recited that umpteen times when he was a kid? Hmmph.

I am... said...

I like the tamil proverb that you mentioned. Something worth to remember.